Wasserstein makes popular solar-powered batteries and power stations for charging phones, laptops, and other devices while off-grid. But what if you notice your Wasserstein solar panel doesn’t seem to be charging the battery? Troubleshooting a solar panel that’s not charging the battery can be tricky.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover the most common reasons a Wasserstein solar panel fails to charge along with the steps you can take to revive your solar generator and get back to powering your devices.
How Wasserstein Solar Power Stations Work
To understand why your solar panel has stopped charging, it helps to first understand how these solar generators harvest and store power:
- A solar panel converts sunlight into electricity to charge the built-in lithium-ion battery.
- The battery stores power and delivers it to your connected devices via USB and AC outlets.
- A charge controller manages the solar charging process and protects the battery.
- Battery capacity ranges from 100Wh to over 300Wh on larger models.
- An LCD screen shows the battery percentage and input/output power.
With this overview in mind, let’s cover the most common solar charging issues and fixes.
Troubleshooting a Wasserstein Solar Panel Not Charging
If your Wasserstein solar charger isn’t juicing up the battery from the solar panel, methodically try these troubleshooting tips:
1. Check Solar Panel Orientation
Make sure the solar panel is pointed toward direct sunlight and tilted at the optimal angle. Avoid shade from trees, buildings, or other objects.
2. Clean Solar Panel Surface
Dust, pollen, or debris on the panels can block sunlight. Use a soft brush or microfiber cloth to gently clean.
3. Check For Damage
Inspect the solar cells and wires for any visible damage or corrosion. Cracks or severed wires will prevent charging.
4. Try a Different Cable
Swap in a known good cable between the solar panel and battery to test if the issue is a bad cable.
5. Reseat Connections
Unplug and firmly reconnect all connectors between the panel and battery. Loose connections can prevent charging.
6. Reset the Battery
Fully power cycle the battery (hold the power button for 10+ seconds). Leave disconnected from the solar panel for 15 minutes before reconnecting.
7. Update Firmware
Check the Wasserstein website for any available firmware updates for your model and update to the latest version if available.
8. Contact Wasserstein
If the solar panel still fails to charge after trying all troubleshooting, reach out to Wasserstein support for warranty evaluation.
Preventing Wasserstein Solar Charging Problems
Once you’ve got your solar power station charging properly again, use these tips to prevent solar issues going forward:
- Periodically clean the solar panel surface to remove any dust buildup.
- Make sure connections stay dry and protect from moisture.
- Adjust solar angle seasonally as the sun’s path changes.
- Keep the battery charged monthly even when not in use to maintain health.
- Update firmware when new versions are released to fix bugs.
- Every 12-18 months, do a full power cycle on the battery to calibrate.
- If repositioning the solar panel, double-check check angle and sun alignment.
Alternative Charging Options if Solar Panels Fail
If your Wasserstein solar panel needs replacement or solar charging remains unreliable, consider these alternative charging methods:
- AC Charging – Use the included wall charger when you have access to electrical outlets to charge faster.
- Car Charging – The 12V car charger lets you charge your power station from your vehicle’s power outlet while driving.
- Portable Generator – Connect your Wasserstein unit to a gas generator with the charging cables to rapidly recharge the battery.
- External Battery Packs – Use a USB power bank to charge smaller Wasserstein units that support external USB charging.
- USB-C PD Charging – Newer USB-C Power Delivery chargers provide faster charging for USB-C Wasserstein models.
Key Takeaways on Wasserstein Solar Charging
Solar power stations provide renewable off-grid power, but only if the solar panels continue charging the battery properly. By methodically troubleshooting connection and hardware issues, cleaning the panels, keeping firmware updated, and resetting the battery, you can usually revive an unresponsive Wasserstein solar panel. Just be prepared with alternate charging options if your solar issues persist. Stay powered up!